Tasting Room Art Gallery
Meet the Artist for the month of February, 2017~Barbara Bingham
- Barbara works in watercolor, acrylics and oils. Often she will paint in plein aire (on site) and then returns to her studio to enlarge the painting.
- Barbara was raised on the east Coast . She came to California with her first husband who played with the San Diego Chargers back in the 60’s. While she and her husband raised their children in east San Diego County she became involved in watercolor painting and working on the potter’s wheel. These activities were purely for her enjoyment.
- In 1990 Barbara moved to Northern California and began art classes at the community college. She began with watercolors, then acrylics and finally in oils. The mountains and farm lands were perfect subjects for her paintings.Barbara was very involved in the Placerville Art Association. Her art is in many homes in the northern part of the state. She was also using art in her work as a Marriage and Family Therapist.
- Now that Barbara is back in San Diego she is becoming involved in the local art world.
- Barbara enjoys using the pallet knife and creating colorful work. Her use of color and texture express the feelings evoked by her subject.
She has worked under the direction of:
Facebook- BINGHAM ART
Rancho Bernardo Art Association’s web site is www.RanchoBernardoArt.com