Tickets available for September 14th Cellar Series Dinner
Enjoy a seasonal feast for your senses with the Winemaker, Master Coffee Roaster, Cheese Monger & Chef in our working Winery & Cellar.
This dining and wine experience will feature tasty pairings of seasonal bites influenced by the Rizzo family’s long heritage of “Living off the Land”. These Seasonal Foods will be paired with a selection of our wines currently on the list, as well as barrel samples and pre-released wines.
DINNERS ARE SEPTEMBER 14TH AND OCTOBER 12TH, 2016. LIMITED SEATING. PLEASE RESERVE EARLY.
PURCHASE TICKETS ONLINE FOR THE SUMMER CELLAR SERIES DINNERS BY CLICKING HERE
~THE ALL INCLUSIVE NIGHT FEATURES~
- Cheese and Charcuterie and appetizer wine pairing stations
- Seated wine pairings
- Barrel Samples
- Tasting of our 50 year Port
- A tour of Bernardo Winery’s Winemaking from past to present
- A demonstration and introduction of Manzanita Coffee Roasters
- Fresh roasted coffee and espresso drinks to order
A VIDEO TOUR OF THE WINERY GROUNDS
A LITTLE ABOUT US…
The Bernardo Winery, established in 1889 and family owned and operated since 1927 by the Rizzo family, is the oldest family owned and operated winery in Southern California.
Since 1927 the Rizzo family has been growing and producing wine in the same Italian tradition for three generations, specializing in regional varietals such as Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Syrah, Syrah, Albarino, Merlot and Zinfandel.
Come, escape for the day and feel like you’ve been transported to an Old World Village! Enjoy the tranquil beauty of the vineyards, olive trees, gardens, original buildings and wine-making equipment. Experience the genuine hospitality of the Bernardo Winery tasting room, Café Merlot, V’s Coffee Shoppe, Village Shops and Galleries.
Conveniently located in North County San Diego in Rancho Bernardo, The Bernardo Winery is an oasis just 30 minutes from downtown San Diego.
A FEW FAQ’S FOR FIRST TIME VISITORS:
- Besides wine tasting, there’s an assortment of food and non-alcoholic beverages available onsite at Cafe Merlot and V’s Coffee Shoppe. No outside food and beverages permitted on winery grounds.
- Children are welcome at the winery! We are a family owned business and our children have grown up here. We ask that you please keep a close eye on them while enjoying the winery and grounds.
- No dogs are permitted on the winery grounds except for licensed service dogs.
- All portrait, wedding or formal photographers need to check in at the winery office. Please see the webpage regarding photography for more information.
- We have four onsite parking lots, please check for parking in our lots before you park on the street
- Yes, your GPS is correct, we are located behind a 55+ community in Rancho Bernardo. We’ve been here since 1889, long before suburbia and well worth discovering!
- Yes we still make our wines here onsite. Though you will only see four vineyards located on the winery grounds, we harvest our grapes from vineyards across San Diego county and produce and bottle our wines here on the winery grounds.